I can’t afford child care, can they come with me?

Child care support is available for anyone wanting to access counselling or support services.

The aims are to:
•  Provide an easily accessible, free, appropriate childcare service to parents attending AOD services.
•  Ensure that parents of pre-primary aged children are not disadvantaged in their ability to access AOD services.
•  Increase the likelihood of retaining parents in AOD counselling where availability and cost of childcare are a barrier.
•  This service is funded by the Drug and Alcohol Office and coordinated through the Western Australian Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies.
•  A voucher is supplied to a client for Childcare. This voucher can be used while a parent is engaged in counselling or therapeutic group at Palmerston.
•  The voucher is issued for the number of hours a parent is in group or attending their one-to-one session, plus ½ hour either side for travel from the childcare centre to Palmerston.
•  To enquire further about access to child care services please ask a staff member when you ring up to arrange your appointment


No Very

Captcha Image

True Stories

"You have returned my son to us and there is no greater accolade I can give to you other than to say that I will remember what you have done till I die. Words cannot possibly cover the emotion I feel at knowing that ………… now has a future, largely due to the time spent at Palmerston Farm."

read more


We provide you more information about us in downloadable format.