As an employer, Palmerston offers:
- an organisation that understands the importance of culture and diversity
- excellent working conditions and environment
- training, development and support
- salary packaging benefits
- Only permanent residents of Australia, or those who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
- A current Police clearance (for all staff) and Working With Children Check (for specific roles) is a requirement of employment.
- Palmerston will take into account unspent convictions when determining whether an applicant is suitable for a role.
Section 50(d) exemption:
- Employment made under a Section 50(d) exemption of the Equal Opportunity Act has a genuine expectation that the successful applicant will identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
This is a full time position, based in Subiaco. Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit organisation supporting people, families and communities with alcohol and other drug issues in Western Australia. Our team is energetic, hardworking and passionate about our organisation. Our strategic plan aspires to build capacity for change and sustainability, […]
Palmerston supports student placements at many of our sites. These are generally arranged through an agreement with your university or college.
To be considered for a student placement, please speak with your university or college and ask them to contact the service closest to you.
Palmerston also supports volunteers. Most of our volunteers are people who have trained through the Volunteer Drug and Alcohol Counsellors’ Training Program run by the Mental Health Commission.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please view the link https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/training-and-events/training-for-volunteers/
Alternatively, if you have previous experience and/or qualifications in alcohol and other drug work and would like further information, please contact the service closest to you.