As an employer, Palmerston offers:
- an organisation that understands the importance of culture and diversity
- excellent working conditions and environment
- training, development and support
- salary packaging benefits
- Only permanent residents of Australia, or those who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
- A current Police clearance (for all staff) and Working With Children Check (for specific roles) is a requirement of employment.
- Palmerston will take into account unspent convictions when determining whether an applicant is suitable for a role.
Fixed term contract until June 2021 Part time position – 3 days/week (0.6FTE) We are seeking a motivated person with experience in developing, delivering and evaluating educational group therapeutic programs, preferably in a prison context. Based in Albany, the role of the Counsellor/Educator – Pathways program is to provide culturally secure, educational and therapeutic interventions […]
Palmerston supports student placements at many of our sites. These are generally arranged through an agreement with your university or college.
To be considered for a student placement, please speak with your university or college and ask them to contact the service closest to you.
Palmerston also supports volunteers. Most of our volunteers are people who have trained through the Volunteer Drug and Alcohol Counsellors’ Training Program run by the Mental Health Commission.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please view the link https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/training-and-events/training-for-volunteers/
Alternatively, if you have previous experience and/or qualifications in alcohol and other drug work and would like further information, please contact the service closest to you.