As an employer, Palmerston offers:
- an organisation that understands the importance of culture and diversity
- excellent working conditions and environment
- training, development and support
- salary packaging benefits
- Only permanent residents of Australia, or those who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
- A current Police clearance (for all staff) and Working With Children Check (for specific roles) is a requirement of employment.
- Whilst a police clearance application is required, prior convictions may not necessarily preclude applicants from appointment.
Section 50(d) exemption:
- Employment made under a Section 50(d) exemption of the Equal Opportunity Act has a genuine expectation that the successful applicant will identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Palmerston Farm Therapeutic Community Counsellor/Educator (AOD) Part time ongoing contract (4 – 5 days per week) Palmerston Farm is a 24/7 residential treatment service for people affe...
Armadale/Thornlie Fixed term part time contract to 30 June 2021 Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit organisation supporting people with alcohol and other drug issues in We...
Palmerston supports student placements at many of our sites. These are generally arranged through an agreement with your university or college.
To be considered for a student placement, please speak with your university or college and ask them to contact the service closest to you.
Palmerston also supports volunteers. Most of our volunteers are people who have trained through the Volunteer Drug and Alcohol Counsellors’ Training Program run by the Mental Health Commission.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please view the link https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/training-and-events/training-for-volunteers/
Alternatively, if you have previous experience and/or qualifications in alcohol and other drug work and would like further information, please contact the service closest to you.