As an employer, Palmerston offers:
- an organisation that understands the importance of culture and diversity
- excellent working conditions and environment
- training, development and support
- salary packaging benefits
- Only permanent residents of Australia, or those who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
- A current Police clearance (for all staff) and Working With Children Check (for specific roles) is a requirement of employment.
- Palmerston will take into account unspent convictions when determining whether an applicant is suitable for a role.
Full time contract to 30 June 2020 Working under the direction of the branch coordinator and an Elders Advisory Group, the project officer will support the delivery of community engagement and capacity building activities as well as facilitating treatment and support to Aboriginal families and individuals. Based in Albany, the project officer will work with […]
12 month contract – full time (negotiable) Based in the South East metro community alcohol and drug service, an opportunity is available for a creative and motivated person with tertiary qualifications in social, behavioural or health sciences to establish a new service for children in the South Eastern suburbs. As the counsellor/educator, you will provide […]
Palmerston supports student placements at many of our sites. These are generally arranged through an agreement with your university or college.
To be considered for a student placement, please speak with your university or college and ask them to contact the service closest to you.
Palmerston also supports volunteers. Most of our volunteers are people who have trained through the Volunteer Drug and Alcohol Counsellors’ Training Program run by the Mental Health Commission.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please view the link https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/training-and-events/training-for-volunteers/
Alternatively, if you have previous experience and/or qualifications in alcohol and other drug work and would like further information, please contact the service closest to you.