Aboriginal Community Worker – Perth
Aboriginal Community Worker
Full Time Fixed Term Contract
This appointment will be made under a Section 50(d) exemption of the Equal Opportunity Act.
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
Compassion, Acceptance, Respect, Excellence, Service
About the role
Based in Perth the Aboriginal Community Worker will provide AOD support to the local Aboriginal communit. The successful applicant will have significant life skills and experience in building trust with local Aboriginal communities. The role includes outreach services, yarning and support to individuals and families struggling with alcohol and other drug issues, working with allied agencies including referrals and shared care. A strong sense of community connection is essential, along with good communication and individual support skills.
Pay Level is equivalent to Level 4 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please view the JDF linked below.
JDF – Aboriginal Community Worker
- Excellent salary packaging options, receive up to $15,900 as a tax free component of your salary
- Paid parental leave after 12 months continuous service
- Partial access to long service leave after 5 years continuous service
- An organisation that understands the importance of culture
- Excellent working conditions and environment
- Training, development and support
- Two days life and wellness leave
- Two days paid cultural leave per year and a further eight days unpaid cultural leave per year.
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button!
To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume
- Submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the JDF
- Complete all application questions
We value and celebrate diversity and inclusion at our workplaces. If there are ways we can make your application process more accessible please contact us to discuss, we adopt a flexible and open approach to recruitment and want you to face no barriers in your application.
Aboriginality is a genuine qualification for this position under section 50 (d) of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act (1984).
Closing date: 09/03/2023
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within 3 months and a valid WA Working with Children Check, prior to commencement.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Wayne Ryder on 08 9328 7355 or email: email@example.com