Aboriginal Youth Engagement Officer – Strong Futures (Moorditj Benang)
Based in Albany
Fixed Term position to 30 June 2024
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
About the role
Working as part of the newly created ‘Solid Futures (Moorditj Benang) Program’, the Aboriginal Youth Engagement Officer provides outreach services, primarily Bush Classrooms, and case management support for at-risk Aboriginal youth. Working with allied agencies through referrals and advocacy support to help achieve positive outcomes.
The Solid Futures (Moorditj Benang) Program targets Aboriginal participants 12-24 years from the Great Southern, delivering group-based and 1-1 support in a culturally and developmentally appropriate framework.
Do you have the following;
- Experience working with young Aboriginal people and an understanding of issues facing them in the region.
- Strong connections with community which influence relationships and culturally appropriate communication.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing community projects
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with stakeholders to improve community outcomes
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug related issues.
- Experience working in a team setting.
To apply please ensure that you:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Palmerston Association values diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Please apply through SEEK by 5pm, 12 August 2022
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within three months, a valid WA Working with Children Check and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status, as per WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, prior to commencement.
For a confidential discussion, contact Stuart Roberts on 9892 2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org