General Court Intervention Program
Full and Part Time positions available
Connect Wanju, the General Court Intervention Program aims to improve access to treatment and support services for accused persons within the court system through connecting people to opportunities for long term change across a range of areas including social, emotional, AOD, socio-economic needs and homelessness.
Palmerston Association and Wungening Aboriginal Corporation have partnered to provide the Connect Wanju program under a one team philosophy and positions will be with either organisation.
The team of Connect Wanju Case Workers will collectively provide individualised, culturally secure case management across a range of areas including;
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Mental Health
- Housing support
- Family counselling
- Social and economic needs
- Education, vocational training or employment
Connect Wanju Case Workers will manage a caseload of participants providing individual and group counselling services and onward referrals where needed, identifying and supporting engagement with community programs and services.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Relevant education or qualifications in social, behavioural or health sciences, counselling or equivalent experience
- Experience working with clients and populations from a diverse set of backgrounds including those from CALD backgrounds and/or Aboriginal clients
- Experience working with clients presenting with complex and co-occurring needs
- Demonstrated assessment skills and well-developed case management skills
- Experience coordinating multiple service providers to deliver client/participant outcomes
- Applied knowledge of one or more of the specific areas of case management listed
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed report and case note skills
- Valid drivers’ licence
- Previous experience working with the justice system would be highly regarded
Program intake hub and team base is East Perth with services being delivered at hubs across the Perth region. Pay Level is equivalent to Level 4 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Applicants must hold, or be able to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Department of Justice Prison Clearance.
Please refer to the job description below ensuring you address the selection criteria in your application.
Please apply through SEEK https://www.seek.com.au/job/50384177
Contacts for Enquiries
Palmerston Association / 08 6389 6600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation / email@example.com