Counsellor/Educator – Brunswick
Counsellor / Educator
Fixed Term Part Time (45.5hrs per fortnight)
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
We are seeking to recruit a Counsellor / Educator to support clients with AOD issues within our Residential Therapeutic Community.
Classification: Level 4
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
The successful application will be an experienced Counsellor who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Working within this role will suit individuals who are flexible and able to problem solve. We are seeking someone who is experienced, compassionate and can provide culturally secure counselling, education and support to consumers and their families within a therapeutic community.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please view the JDF linked below.
JDF – Beela Valley TC- Counsellor Educator (2)
- Excellent salary packaging options, receive up to $15,900 plus additional salary packaging of up to $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses
- Paid parental leave after 12 months continuous service
- Partial access to long service leave after 5 years continuous service
- Flexible, family orientated working conditions
- Paid and unpaid cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
- 2 days Life and Wellness leave following probation
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button on Seek!
To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume
- Submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the JDF
- Complete all application questions
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Palmerston Association values diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Closing date: 01/03/2023
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within 3 months and a valid WA Working with Children Check, prior to commencement.
For a confidential discussion, contact Trudy Tuckey on (08) 9788 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.