Great Southern Community Alcohol and Drug Service
Fixed term part time, 4days/week (0.8 FTE)
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
About the role
The Parents Under Pressure (PUP) program combines psychological principles relating to parenting, child behaviour and parental emotion regulation within a case management model. The program is home-based and designed for families in which there are many difficult life circumstances that impact on family functioning. Such problems may include depression and anxiety, substance misuse, family conflict and severe financial stress. The program is highly individualised to suit each family.
The overarching aim of the PUP program is to help parents facing adversity develop positive and secure relationships with their children. Within this strength-based approach, the family environment becomes more nurturing and less conflictual and child behaviour problems can be managed in a calm non punitive manner.
A few specifics
- Provide assessment and a range of evidence informed, client focused therapeutic interventions.
- Implement and evaluate specialised intervention with individuals and families.
- Identify and act upon critical incidents of risk, such as abuse and / or neglect of children, suicidal ideation or family violence.
- Maintain a complex case load, including accurate client and organisational documentation in accordance with relevant Palmerston policies.
- Tertiary (or equivalent) or relevant qualifications in social, behavioural or health science. Demonstrated ability to deliver care to families with complex, multifaceted problems through home visiting, case management and therapeutic counselling.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- A valid drivers licence.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please view the JDF below
JDF – GSCADS – Counsellor Educator – Parents Under Pressure Program
Pay Level is equivalent to Level 4 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Excellent salary packaging options, receive up to $15,900 as a tax free component of your salary
- Paid parental leave after 12 months continuous service
- Partial access to long service leave after 5 years continuous service
- Access to purchase leave
- Flexible, family orientated working conditions
- Cultural Leave
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply via Seek or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note successful applicant must meet the selection criteria.
To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume
- Submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the JDF
- Complete all application questions
- include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject title e.g. Application for NAME – Counsellor / Educator PuP
Aboriginal and Torries Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Palmerston Association values diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Closing date: 28th November 2022 @5pm
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within 3 months, a valid WA Working with Children Check and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status, as per WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, prior to commencement.
For a confidential discussion, contact Tina Edwards-Pope on 98922100 or email email@example.com