Fixed Term Part Time, 3 days per week (0.6 FTE)
Compassion, Acceptance, Respect, Excellence, Service
About the Service – Prison Pathways
Based in Albany, the Pathways program is to provide culturally secure, educational, and therapeutic interventions to individuals engaged in alcohol and other drug treatment within Albany and Pardelup prisons.
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives
The Pathways program is an evidence based, culturally secure, educational, and therapeutic treatment program for adults with a history of criminal conduct and alcohol and other drug (AOD) problems. It’s a CBT based program, covering 12 treatment modules over 50 sessions. These modules are set in 3 phases: challenge to change; commitment to change; and ownership of change. Program goals are to prevent recidivism into criminal thinking and conduct, to prevent relapse into substance use and abuse and to help clients to live a meaningful and responsible life.
A few specifics
- Design and deliver educational and therapeutic programs in a correctional setting, to support the delivery of the Pathways program.
- Provide reports to the Department of Justice, (DOJ) Corrective Services required under the contract with the DOJ.
- Participate in ongoing review and assessment of the participants’ progress as appropriate.
- Hold, or be working toward a relevant tertiary qualification in social, behavioural or health sciences or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated and well developed assessment and counselling skills.
- Experience in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational group therapeutic programs, preferably in a prison context.
- Experience and ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and understanding of alcohol and other drug issues.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s licence is essential.
Benefits & Culture
Pay Level is equivalent to Level 4 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Excellent salary packaging options (up to $15,900)
- Paid parental leave after 12 months service
- Annual leave loading
- Access to professional development training
- Monthly external supervision
- Employee Assistance Program
For further information please download the job description form (JDF) linked below
JDF -GSCADS – Counsellor Educator – Prison Pathways
Please be advised that appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory clearance by the Department of Justice staff clearance process including criminal record and integrity checks. A National Police Clearance is required as part of your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Palmerston Association values diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
For a confidential discussion, contact Tina Edwards-Pope on 98922100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: automated applications from SEEK will be deleted.
- Click apply directly via Seek or Email your application to email@example.com Please note successful applicant must meet the selection criteria.
- Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Position Closes: 28th November 2022 @ 5pm.
Shortlisting will commence straightaway; Palmerston reserves the right to close the position early if needed.