General Manager of Operations
Permanent full time – 76 hours per fortnight
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
About the role
The position of General Manager of Operations will be responsible primarily of the safe and effective operation of our Metropolitan Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS). This will be an agile position across Palmerston operations. Responsibilities include management of service delivery, operational planning and execution, budget management, risk management, managing risk, compliance and the overall management and evaluation of service delivery.
Interested applicants must have strong interpersonal and staff management skills with the ability to problem-solve and identify opportunities to improve service delivery. With considerable outreach across our metro services applicants must have the ability to manage various operational needs concurrently.
A remuneration package inclusive of a car for personal use and salary packaging benefits is available, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team focused on improving the lives of people in our communities.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the people resources required to deliver the services within the portfolio including the development of the establishment.
- Development and execution of the operational plan of the function including strategies and plans in relation to Palmerston’s assessment and aftercare services.
- Input of relevant considerations to the strategic plan.
- Development of a risk mitigation plan for all current contracted services.
- Development and input into future budgets.
- Operation of current budget to ensure the effective execution of all services in accordance with Finance guidelines.
- Development of the HR plan to ensure the effective execution of all current services, including leading the team to ensure the physical, emotional, cultural safety of staff and clients and cultivating positive relations with behaviours consistent with values to deliver the function’s objectives.
- Contract management of all services within the portfolio; including being the key contract contact for all issues relating to funding and payments.
- Cost management of all services within the portfolio including raising any potential risks and issues that may threaten renewal.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please view the below link to the JDF on our website.
Role Charter – General Manager Operations (1)
- Excellent salary packaging options, receive up to $15,900 plus additional salary packaging of up to $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses
- 2 days life and wellness leave (pro rata)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave after 12 months continuous service
- Partial access to long service leave after 5 years continuous service
- Flexible, family orientated working conditions
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% for award-based staff
- Opportunities to join and get involved in various working groups such as the Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group (RAP), Rainbow Community Initiative Committee, Environmental Working Group and the Disability Access Inclusion Policy Working Group.
- 2 days paid and 8 days unpaid cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff
- Aboriginal Staff Forum for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff to connect and collaborate
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button on Seek! Alternatively you can submit your application at one of our branches.
In your application please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume
- Submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the JDF
- Complete all application questions
Closing date: Wednesday 28th February 2024.
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within 3 months, and a valid WA Working with Children Check.
For further information on the position please contact Dawn Smith on 0426 296 277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek and welcome diversity and a breadth of experience and backgrounds in our teams. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and people who identify as LGBTIQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Palmerston is currently preparing for accreditation for Rainbow Tick as part of our ongoing commitment to delivering safe and inclusive services for LGBTQI+ people.