2 Part Time positions available
Connect Wanju, the General Court Intervention Program aims to improve access to treatment and support services for accused persons within the court system through connecting people to opportunities for long term change across a range of areas including social, emotional, AOD, socio-economic needs and homelessness.
Palmerston Association and Wungening Aboriginal Corporation have partnered to provide the Connect Wanju program under a one team philosophy and positions will be with either organisation.
Peer Workers provide a range of engagement, support and information to both GCIP participants and Case Workers through the perspective of relatable lived experiences and their own social and cultural identities and experience. Peer workers will assist participants with a range of case related appointments, and connection with cultural or social services supports as well as peer support one-on-one and group activities.
Peer Support Workers for the Connect Wanju team will be able to demonstrate the following;
Lived experience and progression of personal recovery in one or more of the following:
- Criminogenic or justice related experience
- Cultural and community experience
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Mental Health
- Housing crisis
- Other areas which create recognition by participants as a peer
- Able and willing to use own experience to inform your work and the work of the service.
- Demonstrated adoption of strategies to self-manage.
- Vocational or life experience displaying the ability to share experience and narrative in a positive way
- Experience with people from a diverse set of backgrounds including Aboriginal people and people from CALD backgrounds
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
Program intake centre and team base is East Perth with services being delivered at hubs across the Perth region.
Applicants must hold, or be able to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Department of Justice Prison Clearance.
Please refer to the job description below ensuring you address the selection criteria in your application.
Please apply through SEEK https://www.seek.com.au/job/50384215
Contacts for Enquiries
Palmerston Association / 08 6389 6600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation / email@example.com