Permanent Part-time, 50.6 hours per fortnight
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services. We have a rich and proud history of providing support through a range of services including counselling, groups, residential rehabilitation, and educational initiatives.
About the role
Based in Fremantle, the Resource Officer provides a positive and supportive first contact ‘face of the service’ to clients, staff and stakeholders, and performs administration duties such as client records, reception and switchboard. The position is part of an administration team providing support services to the Community Alcohol and Drug Service. This position is working 3 days per week and every second Saturday.
Pay Level is equivalent to Level 3 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please see link below to JDF.
JDF Resource Officer October 2023
• Excellent salary packaging options, receive up to $15,900 plus additional salary packaging of up to $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses
• 2 days life and wellness leave (pro rata)
• 6 weeks paid parental leave after 12 months continuous service
• Partial access to long service leave after 5 years continuous service
• Flexible, family orientated working conditions
• Annual leave loading of 17.5% for award-based staff
• Opportunities to join and get involved in various working groups such as the Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group (RAP), Rainbow Community Initiative Committee, Environmental Working Group and the Disability Access Inclusion Policy Working Group.
• 2 days paid and 8 days unpaid cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff
• Aboriginal Staff Forum for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff to connect and collaborate
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button on Seek! Alternatively you can submit your application at one of our branches.
In your application please ensure that you:
• Submit your resume
• Submit your cover letter addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the JDF
• Complete all application questions
Closing date: 24th November 2023.
Shortlisting will commencing straightaway, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate must possess a National Police Clearance that was obtained within 3 months, and a valid WA Working with Children Check.
For further information on the position please contact Dan Holligan on (08) 9430 5966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek and welcome diversity and a breadth of experience and backgrounds in our teams. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and people who identify as LGBTIQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Palmerston is currently preparing for accreditation for Rainbow Tick as part of our ongoing commitment to delivering safe and inclusive services for LGBTQI+ people.
If you would like to have a yarn on what it’s like to work at Palmerston as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander employee at Palmerston please contact our Executive Manager, Cultural Lead – Rohan Collard on 0432 349 145 or email@example.com.