Self-management and recovery training (SMART) is a self-help group that can assist you to make the changes you want.
SMART groups are facilitated by peers who have experience of both mental health and alcohol or other drug concerns.
SMART Recovery is based on four basic principles:
- building and maintaining motivation
- coping with urges and cravings
- self managing of thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- living a balanced lifestyle
SMART Recovery meetings:
- focus on the present and future
- focus on planning and setting goals for the next seven days
- are about learning to plan your recovery by making the changes you want
No bookings are necessary, just come along.
Download the information sheet here: SMART Recovery Groups information sheet – June 2019
Family support groups offer the opportunity to talk about what is happening for you with other people in a similar situation. Groups are run by peers (people who have experienced the alcohol and other drug use of someone close to them).
If you think you may be interested in going to residential rehabilitation, please attend an information session at either our Perth or Mandurah branches. No appointment is necessary, just come along. Feel free to bring a support person with you.