Our face to face SMART groups are beginning again with most starting on 1 July. See the updated calendar below for days and times. The Friday online group will continue to be offered.
Self-management and recovery training (SMART) is a self-help group that can assist you to make the changes you want. SMART groups are facilitated by peers who have experience of both mental health and alcohol or other drug concerns.
SMART Recovery is based on four basic principles:
- building and maintaining motivation
- coping with urges and cravings
- self managing of thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- living a balanced lifestyle
SMART Recovery meetings:
- focus on the present and future
- focus on planning and setting goals for the next seven days
- are about learning to plan your recovery by making the changes you want
No bookings are necessary, just come along. For the online group, click on the link and you will be redirected to the Smart Recovery website. Just scroll down to find the Palmerston listing for that time.
To download the information sheet with contact details please click on the link below:
(from 3 Aug)
Family support groups offer the opportunity to talk about what is happening for you with other people in a similar situation. Groups are run by peers (people who have experienced the alcohol and other drug use of someone close to them).
We regret to advise that due to the COVID-19 situation, we are currently unable to offer Family support groups. Please contact us to see what options for support may be available to you.